The Cortland and Ithaca Pregnancy Centers are local, non-profit organizations that are community focused, professionally operated, and relationally driven. We strive to help women and couples through pregnancy decisions and to ensure that each person knows they have choices, what those choices are, and that they don’t have to walk through them alone. Our goal is to treat each client with love and compassion, and to be a safe-haven of hope, comfort and assistance.
Our desire is to empower our clients to plan a future they feel good about through:
- EDUCATING about all options and the risks and consequences associated with each choice.
- EQUIPPING with material supplies and programs designed to improve parenting and relationship skills, and referrals to outside organizations to help find housing, employment, financial help, or to place for adoption.
- ENCOURAGING with our friendship, emotional support, and spiritual mentoring.
The Ithaca Pregnancy Center has been working with clients in the Ithaca and surrounding areas since 1987. Our sister location, the Cortland Pregnancy Center, has been serving the Cortland and surrounding areas since 2013. Together our Centers provides a service of sensitivity and kindness on behalf of our local communities.
Through the leadership of professional directors, staff and volunteers are recruited and trained to provide qualified peer counseling and loving support to women and couples with unplanned pregnancies and related concerns.
Our Centers are affiliate members of both Care Net and Heartbeat International. These are international organizations formed to assist and monitor pregnancy help centers.
OUR COMMITMENT OF CARE
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion, and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend, or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but we are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All of our advertising and communications are truthful and honest, and they accurately describe the services we offer.
- All of our staff and volunteers receive proper training to uphold these standards.