The Ithaca Pregnancy Center has been working with clients in the Ithaca area since 1987. Through the years, the growth of this Christ-centered organization has been a collaborative effort of concerned Christians of all backgrounds. Every day, IPC staff and volunteers have the privilege of sharing the message of love of Christ in both word and deed.
- In May of 1984, a group of concerned Christians came together responding to the need for positive, life-preserving alternatives to abortion for women in crisis pregnancies.
- In February 1987, Hope House was incorporated as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- In 1991 our name was changed to Ithaca Pregnancy Center.
- In 2000 the Ithaca Pregnancy Center moved from Center Ithaca to our current home, at the corner of Green St and Albany St in the heart of downtown Ithaca. Through God's grace we were able to purchase our building in 2002!
- In 2006 we found a doctor willing to supervise ultrasound services in an exam room onsite. We have been able to refer IPC clients for onsite ultrasounds since April 2006!
- In 2011 God began showing the need for a sister center in the Cortland area and many people began praying for His leading in this new venture.
Cortland Pregnancy Center
- In October 2011 the first annual fund-raising dinner was held at Grace Christian Fellowship and 30 people signed up to be volunteers.
- In the fall of 2011 a brand new ultrasound machine was obtained for FREE!
- In January 2012 volunteer counselor training was held and the search was on for staff to operate the Center and medical professionals to oversee the ultrasound exam room.
- In April and September of 2012 meetings were held to pray and seek God's will for the Cortland Center and to discuss how to move forward with a location for the Center.
- In the spring of 2012 the 'Your Choice, Your Body, Your Future!' abstinence team presented the program at SUNY Cortland and 40 college students participated!
- On January 23, 2013 4 Church St officially became the new location for our Cortland Pregnancy Center! Property was purchased and sale was closed.
- On March 3, 2013 the Cortland Pregnancy Center opened its doors! Staff was trained and ready to begin seeing clients.
- By December 2013 a doctor and radiologist were contracted to oversee the ultrasound exam room and we began referring clients for ultrasounds right away!
On July 29, 2013, the corporate name
Crisis Pregnancy Centers of the Finger Lakes, Inc.
was established and we began operating under the assumed names of
Ithaca Pregnancy Center and Cortland Pregnancy Center.