The healthy relationships mentoring program is a one-on-one program designed to provide information and support to single women making decisions regarding sex and healthy relationships. The participant meets with a trained lay counselor for six sessions. During this time they build a relationship of trust while in a safe place where one can express individual needs and concerns in regard to abstinence and healthy relationships.
Some of the topics to choose from are:
- Reasons to Wait
- "Safe Sex", Condoms and Sexually TRansmitted Diseases (STD)
- Love or Infatuation?
- Resolving Conflicts
- Characteristics for Purposeful Relationships
- 10 Steps to Committed Relationships
Ways to Say NO!
- Setting Boundaries and Refusal Skills
- Preparing for Marriage
- 5 Reasons You Need the Paper
World's View vs. God's View of Love, Sex and Dating
Other possible topics: Budget planning, goal setting, stress management, parenting.
Once six sessions are completed, she graduates and receives a gift.